It’s effortless to take your outdoor space from something drab and boring to an exciting spot you’ll use every single day. Outdoor kitchens have taken off in the past few years, and with good reason. In the past, you might have been stuck doing all of the prep work inside with minimal outdoor cooking. You’ve invited people over to have fun with them, not just to feed them. The outdoor kitchen has allowed everyone to get outside, enjoy the beautiful weather, and the great company. Here’s how an outdoor kitchen will make your backyard the go-to spot for this summer and many to come.
● Prep Space: In the kitchen, you need space to breathe to prep the meal. Why should your outdoor kitchen be any different? This space should give you the ability to handle most of the prep work, if not all of it. You don’t want to have to run back and forth to the house whenever you need something. Additionally, the extra countertop space can double as a place for people to enjoy that delicious meal you prepped.
● Multiple Cooking Surfaces: Grilling gives a delightful smokey flavor to any meat or vegetable, but sometimes space can be limited, especially if you’re cooking for a bigger crowd. Save the grill for hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks, and much more. Your outdoor kitchen can be equipped with a stovetop, oven, sink, and even a small fridge to make any meal with ease! If you spend most of your time outside or you love throwing parties, you’ll be glad you have this setup.
● Shady Options: Don’t let the weather stop the festivities. Add a pergola with an optional cover or some form of a roof over the outdoor kitchen. It needs to be open enough, so no one gets smoked out from the grill, but whether the sun is beating down or the rain decides to visit you and your food will be protected from the weather.
● The Fancy Extras: There’s something about a brick oven that enhances the flavor. You might typically see them more at old-school pizza shops, but these ovens can cook more than just pizza! Brick ovens distribute the heat a lot better than traditional ovens, which is why they’re so popular for pizza. They can also enhance the flavor because of the wood-fire method.
● Seating For Admirers: You shouldn’t be cooped up in the house away from the festivities as the rest of the family or guests are enjoying the weather. You also shouldn’t deny people from seeing your superior cooking skills. Extra seating allows everyone to talk as the food is being cooked. This could be seating attached to the outdoor kitchen island or an area close enough for conversation to be comfortable.